One of the world’s most popular desserts – made super eay right here!
- 125 g sugar
- 150 ml water
- 2 Cups milk
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBS sugar
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- For the caramel coating, heat the sugar and water on stove top until the liquid turns golden brown (watch as this can turn dark brown or burn very quickly)
- Pour into ovenproof dish, remembering to coat the sides of the dish and then place in the fridge whilst making the custard.
- For the custard, warm milk slightly (do not make too hot).
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Now pour the warm milk over the egg mixture and mix gently together.
- Pour custard into the pre-prepared dish and stand in a shallow pan of water and cook in oven for +- 1Â 1/2 hrs at 180 degrees celsius.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve (at least a couple of hours) and then turn out onto a plate and serve with cream.