Crème Caramel is a popular dessert worldwide. Follow this easy recipe and make a big pudding or pour into separate cups to make individual servings. This Crème Caramel recipe is designed to be served cold and is great because it can be made in the morning ready for your dinner party that night.Print
One of the world’s most popular desserts – made super eay right here!
- 125 g sugar
- 150 ml water
- 2 Cups milk
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBS sugar
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- For the caramel coating, heat the sugar and water on stove top until the liquid turns golden brown (watch as this can turn dark brown or burn very quickly)
- Pour into ovenproof dish, remembering to coat the sides of the dish and then place in the fridge whilst making the custard.
- For the custard, warm milk slightly (do not make too hot).
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Now pour the warm milk over the egg mixture and mix gently together.
- Pour custard into the pre-prepared dish and stand in a shallow pan of water and cook in oven for +- 1Â 1/2 hrs at 180 degrees celsius.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve (at least a couple of hours) and then turn out onto a plate and serve with cream.