This chocolate mousse recipe is simply delicious and it’s a great dessert choice because all the preparation is done ahead of time, so you can spend more time chatting to friends and less time stressing out in the kitchen!Print
A family favourite – rich, chocolatey and delicious!
- 300g milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs at room temp, separated
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- grated dark chocolate
- Place milk chocolate in a large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon until melted.
- Set aside for five minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Using an electric hand beater, beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle sugar over the egg whites.
- Beat until thick and glossy.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold half the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream and hazelnuts into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spoon mixture into twelve 1/3-cup capacity glasses.
- Place on a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for four hours or until firm.
- Top with grated chocolate just before serving.