A traditional Indian treat; Chilli Bites can be served as a snack at any time – that being said, I don’t think it will go down well with a glass of Chardonnay or a Long Island Tea, perhaps rather with a cold beer. This recipe is easy and the result is nice and spicy!Print
Delicious and spicy – perfect for a snack with a cold beer!
- 150 g Chickpea flour
- 15 ml Cake flour
- 1 Medium-sized potato, coarsely grated
- 1 Medium-sized onion, grated
- 10 ml Coarsely ground coriander seeds
- 5 ml Coarsely ground cumin
- 3 Green chillies (finely pounded)
- 5 ml Fine salt
- 5 ml Paprika
- 5 ml Baking powder
- A handful fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 25 ml Diced spring onions
- Oil for frying
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the above.
- Mix in enough water to make a batter similar to the consistency of thick flapjack batter.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan; add spoonfuls of this mix to the oil.
- Turn over when the fritters are golden brown.
- Once the other side is golden brown, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.