A bread and butter pudding is a traditional dessert popular in British cuisine. Follow this easy recipe and make a delicious dessert that can be served with custard or cream.Print
The classic bread and butter pudding! Hearty, homey and easy to make!
- 5â€“6 slices of white bread, buttered
- 4 tbsp dried fruitÂ – such as sultanas or raisins
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp marmalade or apricot jam (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Cut bread and butter into triangles.
- Mix fruit with sugar.
- Arrange the bread and butter, fruit and sugar in layers in the dish and spread the top layer with marmalade or apricot jam (optional).
- Beat eggs and milk, then pour this mixture over the bread and butter and soak for one hour. Bake in a cool oven (150Â°C) for up to an hour – until the custard is set and the top is lightly browned.