Versatile and popular, chocolate cake is always a winner – whether it’s served for dessert, at a special occasion or with afternoon tea. Follow this easy microwave chocolate cake recipe and decorate your creation with personal favourites such as jelly babies, Smarties or coconut flakes.
Can you believe you can whip up a delicious chocolate cake in the microwave in just 7 minutes? Believe it – here’s the recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 heaped tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix everything together until smooth.
- Pour into a well greased microwave ring cake tin.
- Cook on high for seven minutes.
- If you have a microwave that isn’t powerful enough, cook for eight minutes.
- When cooled, ice with chocolate icing.