Frying an egg might not be the healthiest way of preparing it, but every now and then it’s nice to treat yourself to a full English breakfast. Follow these simple instructions to fry your egg without burning it, and serve with toast, bacon, sausages, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Heat a pan to medium heat, only frying three eggs at a time to allow for some space in between them
- Put some oil or butter in the pan and allow to heat but not burn.
- Break the first egg into a small bowl then lower the bowl into the hot pan and gently pour.
- You should hear a slight sizzle but no popping or violent splattering, which means your heat is right.
- Continue to do the same with additional eggs.
- After cooking for two minutes, put the lid on and cook for another 3-6 minutes. This will create a hood over the egg yolks.
- Observe the hardness of the yolks by lifting the lid of the pan from time to time.
- When it’s done to your liking, remove the lid.
- Use a spatula and gently lift the eggs out onto a plate.