Cooking rice might sound like the simplest task, but the truth is that a lot of people struggle to get it right. Getting your measurements of dry rice and water accurate is crucial, and so is the cooking method. Follow these simple instructions to achieve perfectly light and fluffy rice every time!
- Rinse the rice first to get rid of excess starch and impurities.
- For every cup of long grain rice, such as Basmati, add 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring the rice to boil on medium heat, uncovered.
- Turn the heat down a notch and cover, but leave lid at an angle – allowing steam to escape.
- When you see craters after a few minutes of cooking, put the lid on tight and turn down to low heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, fluff up and serve.