A classic banana bread recipe that you will make over and over again!
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1 cup castor sugar (white or brown sugar is okay though)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add bananas and vanilla and fold in dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased loaf tin for 45 minutes.
- Grate an apple or pear or some carrot as well and put in the mixture.
Variation:Grate an apple or pear or some carrot as well and put in the mixture.