Quick and easy thin-crust pizza base recipe that is ready in 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon active yeast powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour (self-raising or all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tomato Puree
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the water, sugar and yeast. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture and mix together using your hands until the dough forms a silky ball of dough. Knead the dough with your hands a minute and add a little more water if the dough is too dry or a little more flour if the dough is too sticky – add 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes and then roll it out onto a floured work surface and roll it as thin as possible.
- Fold the dough in half and then half again and transfer it quickly to the baking try and unfold again.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 220°C
- Take the base out the oven and then add the tomato puree and then the toppings and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and beautifully browned.