Learn how to make perfectly smooth Hummus from scratch. A healthy snack for home or to serve when entertaining.
- 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons tahini paste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little more water if necessary.
- To serve, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with chopped herbs and red chilli (totally optional!!) and an assortment of crackers or crudites (veggie sticks)
- If however, you cannot find Tahini, you can make it yourself by frying 6 tablespoons of sesame seeds in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once they have browned nicely (be careful no to burn them), take them off the heat, drain off the olive oil, allow to cool and then place in a blender and blend the sesame seeds until smooth.