An easy recipe for Leek and Potato soup with the option to add cream and bacon. Delicious yet simple.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 TBS butter
- 2 garlic cloves ( 1 large)
- 10 small-medium leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (1 Litre)
- 6 (1kg) medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped into small blocks
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- (optional) 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- (optional) 1/4 cup cream
- In a large pot, add the butter and fry the onions and leeks until soft
- Add in the garlic and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add in the potatoes, the salt and a little freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock
- Bring soup to the boil and cook for 30-35 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the soup to your desired consistency (leaving a few chunks of potato is good!) and add the optional extras of cream and bacon.
- Garnish with a drizzle of cream, the leftover green bits from the leeks and a little black pepper