It feels so odd posting this today because firstly it is winter and secondly it is 9 degrees outside, misty and raining. What made me think of posting a cloudy lemonade recipe today of all days, the universe only knows!! So as I sit here and drink my cup of Five Roses tea, let me tell you how to make this super easy cloudy lemonade recipe. For that time when the days become much much warmer and you can actually see the sun.
The truth is that, we had this huge carnival party at my house the other day – it was school holidays but the party was really a massive photoshoot for my other business SunshineParties where we sell printable invitations and party decorations. We had a Lemonade Stand and hence we made a whole lot of Cloudy Lemonade. You see guys, the idea came from somewhere after all!! And instead of me waiting a whole 6 months to share this recipe with you in SUMMER, I thought no, I must share it today in mid-freezing-cold-winter, because darn, it is such a good recipe and you need it in your recipe repertoire, as of today!
This recipe is based on Martha Stewart’s recipe and that lady doesn’t mess around when it comes to good recipes. We have modified it slightly to contain less sugar per unit, simply by diluting it more. Scroll to the bottom to see my little man waiting for customers at his lemonade stand! Is he cute or what??!!
Delicious homemade cloudy lemonade recipe – perfect for parties and hot Summer days!
- 1 cup sugar (standard granulated sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 500ml lemon juice or the juice of 5 fresh lemons
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 8 litres water
- Note: To make pink lemonade, add 2 cups of cranberry juice for a pink color
- In a pot, boil the water and granulated sugar until the sugar has dissolved and then put it in the fridge to chill.
- Add the lemon juice and caster sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add 8 litres of water and stir again. Enjoy!!