The thing with entertaining is that you want to serve something stylish but you don’t want to be in the kitchen for hours creating that style, right? Yes, I hear you. We speak the same language.
So here is an embarrassingly easy and delicious starter for ya! Baked Camembert with fig, walnuts and pistachios with the tiniest drizzle of honey. I served mine with toasted pita bread cut into small slices but you could easily serve it with crackers, Melba toast or toasted ciabatta bread too.
Don’t forget to serve it with a beautiful vintage/decorative spoon. Style people, don’t forget the style! 🙂
This will probably serve 2-3 guests so double or triple up the recipe according to the number of people you’re having around.Print
- 150g round of Camembert
- 2 figs, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Place the Camembert on a baking tray, sprinkle the pistachios and walnuts on top and place the sliced figs on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes to soften the cheese and toast the nuts slightly.
- Take the cheese out the oven and drizzle with the honey.
- Serve with toasted ciabatta bread, melba toast, baked pita bread slices or even crackers.