Hello my friendies. How has February been to you?
I’ll take that as Fabulous.
February for me is party month. Two of my 3 boys have birthdays this month, so I have literally being partying since February 1st. Not that partying and party set-ups ever really leave me because of my work….I sell, amongst other digital products, digital invitations and printable party decor and we set up photo shoots of party tables/party themes/ideas etc throughout the year. Enter self-promotion link hah hah – you can check out my digital shop here on Etsy.
And there you thought I was in the kitchen making choc chip cookies and granola all day long. 🙂 That would be fun.
So the recipe I am sharing with you today is so easy it is almost embarrassing to share. Like, does it even warrant a recipe?? And then I thought, well YES, it does because some people don’t know how to cook rice, let alone wedges. You know what I’m sayin!!
Guys. Just a disclaimer – don’t cook these if you’re on diet #justsaying
And why are you on a diet anyway? I mean really now, we need to chat!
Okay so get 6 large potatoes, cut them into wedges – cut the potato in half and then cut each half into 3-4 pieces depending on the size of the potato. Place them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 160°C for 90 minutes. Low and slow 🙂 for best results. To whip up the dip – mix one tub (250g) creme fraiche with +-8 chopped spring onions and salt and black pepper. The easiest, most scrumptious and moreish snack to serve at a braai or party!!
Potato Wedges with Sour Cream and Spring Onion Dip
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 250g Creme Fraiche
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cut the the potatoes into wedges – cut the potato in half and then cut each half into 3-4 pieces depending on the size of the potato.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and crack salt and black pepper over the potatoes – liberally.
- Bake at 160°C for 90 minutes. Low and slow 🙂 for best results.
- For the dip – mix the creme fraiche with the spring onions and salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.