Hello beautifuls. Are you guys ready to chest pump this year in the um, chest? I am. I have been chest pumping since 1st January 2016. And we’re on an even number year which means my OCD-self is doing virtual chest pumps too. We are off to a good start.
And I haven’t even mentioned the eating yet.
We are off to a fan-tab-ulous start with that too. Last year, my husband and I decided to stop messing around with our health and start taking it very seriously. There are just too many health/wellness/nutrition messages catapulting themselves at us for us to ignore. When you still fit into your clothes and exercise here and there and eat kind-of-healthily, it’s easy for your brain to magnify those feelings and basically, you think you are healthier and fitter than you actually are.
Not true. False information. Faulty hard drive.
Without getting too dramatic about it, we have made a HUGE number of changes to our eating plan. And it is SO MUCH FUN! We are eating better, yummier, more nutritious food than ever before and we are making decisions each day that are benefiting us and our 3 little boys.
I am going to be running a course on whole food eating which I will be talking about more in the next few weeks but for now, I can tell you that it will change your eating habits and life forever. A food philosophy that makes sense, non-fad and no bloody dieting or crappy diet food. Ugggh.
Are you still with me? Okay so over to you. What your biggest eating issue/problem/concern at the moment? Click here to email me and tell me!
Now that we’ve cheered and chest-pumped the new year in. Let’s get down to this easy bowl of goodness. This was my breakfast this morning. Homemade Granola. Yup. Made it fresh.
I just added all the ingredients into one baking tray, mixed it all up with my hands and then baked it – ready 30 minutes later.
Just one of the many recipes I have been feeding my family lately *does a little breakdance*.
Fantastic with yoghurt or milk or just even on its own as a midnight snack. 🙂 Not that I am recommending midnight snacks at all, just saying 🙂
- 2 cups oats (instant or regular)
- 1/2 cup nuts/seeds (add whatever you like – I used sunflower seeds, pecans and almonds for the one above)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (optional but yoooooomy!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup honey / agave
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Add all the ingredients to a baking tray, except the raisins.
- Mix the ingredients using your hands so that all the oats are coated with the wet ingredients
- Bake at 150 C for 15 minutes and then toss the oats and add the raisins and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Enjoy with milk or yoghurt or fruit. Store any remaining granola in an airtight container.