Okay so besides tea making you happy….this…this garlic bread….this cheesy garlic bread….it makes you happy too. Full of Mozzarella cheese, garlic and butter. Need I say more? But I will because I always have something more to say, right?!
Garlic bread is a staple when we have a braai at our house…I mean it would be odd if it were absent from the occasion. My go-to is typically the standard garlic bread…french loaf, sliced diagonally and filled with a butter-garlic mix. This is good, but boy-oh-boy, this cheesy version, is gooooooooood!
Oh hello there delicious garlic bread with cheese. How ya’ doin?
I used a Ciabatta bread because I very conveniently had one in my freezer. But a fresh oval loaf will give the same yummy results. Promise.
Enjoy you guys, and also enjoy the festive season, this will be the last post for a few weeks whilst my family and I take a little break. I am working on an exciting new project for the new year (based on what you guys wanted from the survey and my own experience as a mom) and I will keep you posted about it…I am hoping it will change your life for the better! YeeeHaaaaa! I cannot wait to tell you all about it.
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread or oval bread loaf
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1/2 tbs of dried parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut half-way through the bread, making diagonal slices, then create diagonal slices in the other direction – so effectively you make diamond shapes across the top of the loaf.
- Mix the butter and garlic together until soft and easy to spread. Crack a little salt and pepper into the butter-garlic mixture and mix through.
- Open up each little bread slice, and butter the inside of the slices. Add in a little cheese to each slice.
- Sprinkle the top with parsley.
- Wrap in tin foil and bake at 180C for 15 minutes and then remove the foil and grill for 5 minutes until the top of the loaf has browned nicely.