So here is the thing, sometimes we just need a recipe we can use with leftover chicken, right? Or there are those days where we just don’t feel like cooking chicken but really feel like eating chicken. Yes? Enter Rotisserie chicken. Enter last night leftover roast Chicken. This recipe is kinda like a homemade Nando’s Strips and Spicy rice…oh yes. Chicken Strips and Spicy Rice Recipe for Leftover Chicken!
Spicy Rice and Chicken Strips
What to do with leftover chicken? Make round two delicious with this recipe for chicken strips and spicy rice, easy, quick, and super yummy!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast (I used a Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh lemon for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A little salt and pepper
- Cook the rice
- In the mean time, fry the onion in the butter and steam the frozen veggies until cooked (you could also just microwave them for 2 minutes)
- Drain the rice once cooked and add the onion and vegetables. Mix through.
- Shred the chicken breast and add to the rice.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a microwaveable bowl or cup and heat for 1 minute or until the butter has melted. Stir well and pour all over the rice and mix through.
- Sprinkle parsley over and serve with slices of lemon and a fresh green salad