Oh guys, guys guys. THIS!!! this, THIS!!! It is a creamy pasta full of smoked salmon, lemon (juice and zest), fresh Dill, cream and creme fraiche (I did say it was a creamy pasta!!), a dash of Chilli (which just adds flavour) and then a little salt and pepper. You can go right ahead and pull a squint-dreamy face right now. I am.
And if I told you it was a one pot wonder, you would just want to reach out and hug me hay? OKAY HUG ME!!! Because it is.
And if I told you it only takes 15 minutes to make, you would want to start doing a happy-cry, right? OKAY HAPPY CRY!!!! Because it does.
So let’s hug, happy-cry and go squint-dreamy-faced all together!
But please you guys, I just have to ask one thing. One teeny tiny little thing – Use fresh dill okay. Trust me. Fresh Dill.
So to make this creammmmy pasta. You a.) cook the pasta, drain the water and leave just a little water in the pot, say 1/4 cup) and then b.) you add all the ingredients to the pasta and mix it all up.
It makes the perfect weeknight meal when you literally have 15 minutes to get your act together. In fact, it is perfect for weekends too when you just don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen. It is what I call an all-round-winner-dish.
It is also has to be the yummiest way to get your daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids 🙂
I made this dish twice, once with butterfly pasta (I know it has a fancy Italian name but let’s just stick with butterfly pasta m’kay?) and then once with the shell pasta. I think the shells were a little better though because they scoop up the sauce and make the whole eating experience way more squint-dreamy-inducing.
What is your favourite weeknight meal? You can leave your comment in the comments section below 🙂
There is no way you can beat this dish – it takes 15 minutes to make, uses ONE POT and tastes too good to describe with words! YUM! Get this recipe immediately!
- 4 cups Butterfly / Shell Pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Dill, chopped
- 250ml Cream
- 250ml Creme Fraiche
- 1 Tablespoon red chilli
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot, boil the pasta. Add the olive oil. Cook until al dente (cooked yet still firm ie. not overcooked)
- Drain the water from the pasta, leaving about 1/4 cup water in the pot.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, dill, cream, creme fraiche, chilli and parmesan and mix through.
- Mix in the salmon last and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and top with a sprinkle of fresh Dill.