I am always looking for ways to add flavour to my roasts and other dishes. This easy homemade salt is perfect for that Sunday lamb roast or adding flavor to a hearty soup! Enjoy!
You can purchase the gift labels from our shop, SunshineParties, HERE
1kg coarse salt
1 lemon – juice and zest
- turn the oven onto 100 degrees celsius (or 200 fahrenheit).
- divide the salt between 2 baking trays and spread out evenly.
- rinse the rosemary and remove the leaves from the sprigs.
- chop the leaves coarsely and then sprinkle the leaves over the salt, making sure you distribute it evenly between the two trays.
- cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of the two halves over each tray (over the salt)
- grate the lemon zest and then divide between the two trays.
- place the trays in the oven for 1 hour to allow the rosemary, lemon zest and juice to dry out.
- once you’ve taken the trays out the oven, allow the salt to cool down. Once cooled, using a spatula, scrape the salts off the trays and into a blender. Blend for 10-15 seconds to create a finer salt, evenly distributed with flavour.
- divide the salt into your jars, seal and decorate with labels and tags.