Delicious and easy. Easy and delicious. Yummy and Yummy. I try and test a lot of recipes – a lot never make it to this blog because they’re just not easy enough or not tasty enough. But this one, ohhhhhhh, you need to make it. Mouth-watering and fuss-free – the two criteria needed to make it onto JustEasyRecipes.
1 cup flour
¼ cup icing sugar
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus extra for decorating
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup cream
1/8 cup desiccated coconut
1/8 cup icing sugar
Lemon Zest for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 20×20 centimetre square baking tin.
- Mix the flour, icing sugar and melted butter together. Press into the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C
- Whilst that is baking, mix the remaining ingredients together using a mixer (sugar, baking powder, eggs, lemon juice, zest and coconut)
- After 20 minutes, take the base crust out the oven and pour the lemon mixture over it. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Chill it in the fridge whilst you make the topping.
- To make the topping, whip the cream until stiff peaks form, mix in the coconut and icing sugar, spread over the top of the lemon layer, and sprinkle lemon zest over the top.
- Cut into squares and serve with a slice of lemon. Squeezing the juice of the lemon over the bars is soooooo yummy!!!! Enjoy!