There is definitely something to be said for making faces with food. I showed my little boy the rabbit I had created (see pic below) and his eyes lit up with wonderment! “What’s that Mommy?” he said with a smile on his face…”It’s a bunny mommy made for you and it’s your supper” I said, trying to contain my own excitement. Having piqued his interest, he then proceeded to devour the whole thing and then asked for another one, which of course I would have made if I had had more eggs. But we were fresh out! Anyway, this meal is great because it contains a whole egg yolk and half a cup of cheese (and some cream) per portion so it’s full of protein….and don’t forget the toast! So all in all it’s a quick, easy and healthy meal for your little one.
Nothing beats seeing your kids loving their food! Create this cute Welsh Rarebit for kids and watch them get all their protein in a jiffy!
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk)
- 8 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pieces bread, cut into circles and toasted
- 4 Snap Peas (Mangetout) for the ears
- 4 Peas for the eyes
- 2 Olives for the nose
- Chives for the Whiskers
- 2 Baby Carrots for the carrots in the Bunny’s mouth
- Spring Onion – Use the white part for the teeth
- Cut bread into circles (I used the top of a tin canister to use as a template – I just cut around that)
- Mix the cheese, egg yolks, cream, Worcestershire Sauce and salt together.
- Toast the bread.
- Place the cheese mixture over the toast – this recipe serves 2 so you will split the mixture between the two pieces of toast! 🙂
- Place under the grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted and browned slightly. If your grill has a low and a high setting, use the low setting.
- Now decorate the cheesy pieces of toast and transform them into cute little Bunnies. Have fun!