Decadent and addictive, these Nutella Coconut Squares require no baking at all and you can whip them up in 30 minutes flat – perfect for a last minute tea-time treat when Aunt Mabel pops around. These would even make a fabulous foodie gift – imagine opening a box of these babies! They don’t even require plates – that’s how fast you’ll want to eat them. I have evidence of this. So here’s the recipe my beautifuls:
1 packet Tennis Biscuits, crumbed
1 cup Nutella
6 tablespoons coconut
3 tablespoons brown sugar (you can use white sugar too)
½ cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 cup dark cooking chocolate, cut finely
160ml cream (heavy cream, dessert cream, whipping cream, whatever you have!)
- Grease a square cake tin with butter or Spray and Cook
- Cream the butter (you can do this manually or in a mixer)
- Add the sugar and mix together well.
- Add the Tennis biscuits, Nutella, Vanilla, Coconut and Icing Sugar and mix until well combined.
- Firmly and evenly, press mixture into the cake pan.
- Pop into the fridge and now make the chocolate topping.
- In a double boiler (or a makeshift one), heat the chocolate and cream until it melts and is smooth and creamy.
- Take the base mixture out the fridge, pour the chocolate mixture over evenly and again place back in the fridge until the base and topping harden nicely – about 20-30 minutes. (You can always place in the freezer if you want to harden the mixture faster). Enjoy!