This is my own low-fat, hip-friendly, watching-what-you-eat-approved nommy broccoli chicken recipe!! Whoa! This dish is so full of taste and yet so light and healthy! Did I mention you can cook this in 15 minutes flat? Uhuh! So we’re ticking all the boxes here – easy, family friendly, nutritious and low in fat. If you don’t have broccoli or sugar snap peas you can easily substitute one of them with sliced baby marrow or green beans.
When you need a recipe that is light, heart healthy and easy on the hips but also delicious AND quick to make? Here it is!
- 6 medium sized chicken breasts
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 6 florets of broccoli (this is about half a whole broccoli)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (whole)
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Grind a little salt and pepper over the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and marinate with the fish sauce and soy sauce for 5 minutes.
- Now, heat the oil in a frying pan and once hot, place the breasts in the pan and brown each side. Once browned, turn the temperature down to low-medium and pour the soy and fish sauce marinade over the chicken and allow the sauce to reduce for 5 minutes (which really just means allowing some of the liquid to evaporate so we’re left with a flavoursome sauce)
- Now add the broccoli, sugar snap peas and the almonds and allow to cook for another 5 minutes on low-medium. If the pan looks too dry, just add a little water to the pan – you don’t want a super dry meal! I usually spoon a little of the sauce over the vegetables whilst they are cooking just so they also get some of the great flavour.
- The chicken breasts should be cooked by now but if not, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with wholewheat spaghetti, baby potatoes or cous cous and enjoy!