This is a light fruit cake – not dark and heavy like traditional fruit cakes but still wonderfully delicious and a perfect accompaniment for any Christmas occasion. My husband – who doesn’t eat fruit cake – said WOW, “this is the best fruit cake I’ve ever tasted!” so that must tell you something. It’s such an easy recipe and you can substitute the fruit or nuts for whatever fruit you prefer and whatever nuts you prefer…just try and make sure the quantities are the same. Happy Christmas, you’re gonna love this one!
A light and easy fruit cake that is full of flavour and Christmas cheer. You’ll love this fruit cake if the traditional ones are too heavy for your taste!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cherries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Beat the eggs for 1-2 minutes
- Add the oil, sugar, milk and sifted dry ingredients and mix well until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Now add the fruit and nuts and stir through until mixed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Bake in a loaf tin (greased and lined with wax paper) for 1hour 45 minutes at 150°C.