Yummy, quick and easy to whip up!!! This recipe can be doubled (just in case)…… dipped into white or dark chocolate and then into your favorite nut sprinkles. Perfect tea time (anytime) treat.Print
How pretty do these coconut and chocolate biscuits look? And they taste just as amazing, especially with a good cup of tea.
- 150g butter
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup icing sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cooking chocolate, chopped up
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cream the butter in an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until the ingredients form a large ball of dough.
- Now, break off small pieces of dough and roll them into bite-sized balls (with your hands) and place on a greased baking tray. Continue to do that until all the dough has been used up. I got about 20 balls out of my mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. (until just turning brown)
- Take the biscuits out the oven and sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
- Once the biscuits have cooled (+- 30 minutes), melt the chocolate – I melted mine in the microwave which took 2 minutes but if you prefer melting the chocolate in a double boiler then do it that way.
- Dip each biscuit into the chocolate so that it covers half the biscuit. Place the biscuit on a piece of wax paper and allow the chocolate to dry.