I first tasted peanut butter cupcakes earlier this year when a friend said they were the best cupcakes she had ever tasted. So easy and so yummy. I like peanut butter a lot but I had never thought about it in a cupcake recipe! Well folks all I can say is mmmm mmm mmmm! Try it for yourselves!Print
These chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing are divine! You have to make them to experience it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cream
- 100g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and spray the cupcake tins with Spray and Cook or use cupcake liners.
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Add the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla essence and beat together until everything is well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin (I use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop batter into the tins)
- Cook for +- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the tin comes out clean. Allow to cool for half and hour before icing the cupcakes.
- In a mixer, place the peanut butter, icing sugar, and butter together. Beat for about 2 minutes until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Now add the cream and beat until well combined and the icing is smooth and creamy.
- Ice the cupcakes with a piping bag or simply with a knife. I decorated mine with chocolate pieces.