This is another one of the recipes I got from Three Trees Hill Lodge when we stayed there a few weeks ago. These cookies were in a jar in our room and needless to say that in 2 days, I had polished them all off. They were THAT good people. Seriously you’ll go mad for these Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies. They also make a really nice DIY gift if you put them in a glass jar and tie with some pretty ribbon. There are a lot of ingredients but just look at the method – super easy!
These oatmeal cookies with choc chips are totally more-ish. They are easy to make and can be put in a glass jar with a pretty ribbon and label as a gorgeous food gift too! Or you could just eat them all yourself!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup choc chips
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Icing sugar (for sprinkling – optional)
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well so that all is combined.
- Create small round balls and place on a greased baking tray. Push each ball down with a fork or the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when done (optional)