Have you ever wondered how to make chocolate brownies? And make them taste so good that everyone wants YOUR recipe? Well, you’ve arrived at the best brownie recipe ever folks. Serioulsy!
I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate myself but trust me, do not leave this ingredient out as it adds a crunchy caramel-tasting flavour to the brownies which is what makes them such a hit. This recipe will serve 12-14 people easily but I recommend making a double mixture and then pouring the batter into an oven tray to cover the entire surface area of the tray. Half a mixture fulls half a tray (although you could spread it all out and the brownies will then just be thinner).
- 200g Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa (make sure its good quality – I used Nomu)
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 100g white chocolate, cut into small bits
- 100g dark chocolate, cut into small bits
- Melt butter in a pot with the cocoa (sieved) – do not boil.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence and mix through. (The sugar isn’t supposed to dissolve)
- Remove from heat – sieve in the flour and stir.
- Place mixture in mixing bowl with eggs – beat until smooth.
- Now add the chopped up white and dark chocolate (and pecan nuts if you wish) and stir through.
- Bake at 180Â°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut whilst hot and dust with icing sugar.