A South African braai just wouldn’t be the same without a creamy potato bake! Follow this tried and tested recipe and feel free to add other ingredients such as mushrooms, ham, bacon or corn.
8-9 medium potatoes
100g cheddar cheese, grated
½ onion, finely sliced
Salt and Pepper
- Peel the potatoes and slice into thin discs
- In a rectangular, oven-proof dish (about the size of an A4 piece of paper), place a layer of potato slices and then a few slices of onion on top. Add salt and pepper.
- Create as many layers as possible.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes.
- Cook at 180°C for 1 ½ – 2 hours
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cheese over and grill until golden brown.