Every month we’re posting a mouth-watering recipe courtesy of Food & Home Entertaining magazine. The recipe we have chosen from the January issue is salmon, caper and dill phyllo tarts. This easy recipe serves 4 and only takes 20 mins to make.Print
These bites are melt-in-the-mouth delicious!
- 400g salmon fillets, steamed and flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) capers, finely chopped
- 20ml (4 tsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 sheets of phyllo pastry, each cut into 12 small squares
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, salt, pepper, capers, dill, oil, rind and juice and mix well.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and line each opening with a phyllo square. Brush the top of this with butter and repeat twice so that you have 3 layers of pastry.
- Gently spoon in the salmon mixture and bake until the pastry is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the tarts with crème fraîche.
Recipe and styling by Anna Montali; photograph by Graeme Borchers – published in the Food & Home Entertaining January 2009 issue