Every month we’re posting a mouth-watering recipe courtesy of Food & Home Entertaining magazine. The recipe we have chosen from the January issue is salmon, caper and dill phyllo tarts. This easy recipe serves 4 and only takes 20 mins to make.
400g salmon fillets, steamed and flaked
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
45ml (3 tbsp) capers, finely chopped
20ml (4 tsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
50ml olive oil
rind and juice of 1 lemon
3 sheets of phyllo pastry, each cut into 12 small squares
30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
200ml crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, salt, pepper, capers, dill, oil, rind and juice and mix well.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and line each opening with a phyllo square. Brush the top of this with butter and repeat twice so that you have 3 layers of pastry.
- Gently spoon in the salmon mixture and bake until the pastry is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the tarts with crème fraîche.
Recipe and styling by Anna Montali; photograph by Graeme Borchers – published in the Food & Home Entertaining January 2009 issue