These tea-time treats make great Christmas or thank-you gifts when packaged in a glass jar or in a retro tin box. They take 10 minutes to make and 25-30 minutes to cook which makes this recipe as easy as 1-2-3.
A gorgeous take on traditional crunchies is cherry crunchies – easy to prepare and great as a food gift too!
- 125g margarine
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 200g rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons mixed nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons glace cherries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 190°C and grease a 15-18cm square cake tin.
- Heat the margarine, sugar and honey in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients have melted together.
- Remove from heat and in a large bowl mix the rest of the ingredients with the melted mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press firmly to flatten the mixture.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Cover with foil if it starts to brown too much.
- Allow to cool and then cut into squares.