This recipe isn’t called “Easy Custard Slices” for nothing – it makes use instant pudding/custard powder for the filling and pre-made puff pastry so that you get consistent results every time! Even better, you can whip these delicious treats up in less than 45 minutes, which makes them a practical option for last-minute tea parties. Make sure to serve them fresh for maximum flavour.
1 packet puff pastry
1 box Moir’s or Royal Instant Pudding (vanilla flavour)
½ cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a flat surface (it must be completely de-frosted).
- Cut pastry into 6cm x 8cm rectangles and place on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the pastry is cooking, combine the instant pudding powder with 450ml cream (do not use milk as per box instructions) and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes. Refrigerate until pastry is ready.
- Slice the pastry rectangles in half, place a spoonful of custard into each one and then put the tops back on.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve fresh.