This is one of my absolute favourite soup recipes and can be whipped up in 30 minutes flat. The recipe makes use of spinach leaves in addition to broccoli as well as a hint of lemon which all combine extremely well together. Although the recipe calls for baby spinach leaves, the larger leaves can be used – they just have a slightly stronger taste.Print
Delicious, hearty and creamy broccoli soup recipe – get your veggies in the tasty way!
- 3 Leeks, chopped (white part only)
- 4 spring onions, chopped (white part only)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 heads broccoli (+/- 450g), chopped
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 50ml lemon juice
- 3 rounds of feta
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a large pot, fry the leeks, spring onions and garlic cloves in butter until soft.
- Add the broccoli, spinach and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and cook until broccoli is tender +- 10 minutes.
- Blend with a stick or hand blender until smooth and then add the lemon juice and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place half a round of feta in each soup when serving.