Although kids are not generally too fond of fish, they don’t mind it as long as it comes in the form of fingers or cakes. By following this easy step-by-step recipe you can make tasty homemade fish cakes in no time at all.
120g cooked fish or 1 tin of salmon
2 mashed potatoes
½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp mixed herbs
1 egg, beaten
1 onion, grated
salt and pepper
2 tbsp flour
oil for frying
- Flake fish finely or decant salmon from the tin.
- Mix potatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper, herbs, eggs and onion together.
- Shape the mixture into 5-6 cakes.
- Place the flour on a piece of paper or clean kitchen surface and roll the fish cakes in the flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes until golden brown.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley, and serve with Tartare sauce.