Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish, but may also be served as a meal on its own when accompanied by rice, pasta or bread. Follow this easy step-by-step recipe to create a quick meal, or the perfect filling for savoury crepes and omelettes.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion thinly sliced
1 aubergine, cubed
2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3-4 small baby marrow, cut into slices
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until softened.
- Add aubergine and stir.
- Add peppers and stir.
- Place a lid over the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, baby marrows and the herbs.
- Cover the saucepan and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes or until the aubergine is tender.