If you feel like something sweet but don’t want to leave your house, follow this easy recipe and whip up scrumptious pieces of microwave fudge in no time. For a bit of variation, add 25 ml sifted cocoa after adding the vanilla, or add cherries and/or nuts.
1 can full cream condensed milk
100 g margarine
500 ml castor sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
- Combine margarine, condensed milk and sugar in a large, deep, heat-resistant container.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 ½ minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir well to combine all the melted ingredients.
- Microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH, stirring regularly.
- When mixture is a light caramel colour, add vanilla essence.
- Pour into lightly greased, flat container to set. When slightly cooled, cut into squares.