Schnitzel means cutlet in German, and is a popular deep-fried and breaded dish enjoyed in many countries throughout the world. By following this easy recipe you can make scrumptious chicken schnitzels for dinner – always a winner with kids in particular.
Scrumptious breaded chicken! A particular favourite with kids!
- 4 chicken fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- 150g breadcrumbs
- butter or cooking oil
- Tenderise the chicken with a meat mallet.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Beat the eggs.
- Coat the chicken in the egg mixture and place immediately into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the schnitzel on both sides until brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Alternatively the schnitzel can be baked in an oven for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.