A popular Mexican dish, nachos are usually crispy tortilla chips covered in melted cheese and other delicious toppings – such as chilli con carne, chicken and jalapenos. Follow this easy recipe and create platters of irresistible snack food for your next big party.
Tortilla chips or cheese Doritos
2-3 cups refried beans
3 cups cheddar cheese
4 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Arrange a layer of tortilla chips along the bottom of a wide, shallow baking pan.
- Spread the refried beans over the top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of chips and beans.
- Sprinkle slices of jalapeño peppers over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Spoon salsa, sour cream and guacamole over the top.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander to finish.
Optional: Add mince or chicken.